Naturopathic Doctors are trained primary care providers who treat the same concerns as your family doctor. They can work in partnership with other health care professionals so patients receive the most comprehensive care possible.
Naturopathic medicine can be used safely on its own or with conventional medical treatments. Naturopathic Doctors treat people of all ages and can help with numerous health concerns. From health promotion and disease prevention to treating an existing medical condition, naturopathic medicine has something to offer you.
N.D.'s are guided by 6 fundamental healing principles
- First, to do no harm, by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
- To treat the causes of disease, by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine, by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging individual responsibility for health.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment, by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
- To emphasize prevention, by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain health and prevent illness.
- To support the healing power of the body, by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body's inherent self-healing process.